Cromwell Hills Waiting List Information
Cromwell Waiting list lottery draw results.
COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR AFFORDABLE AND PUBLIC HOUSING PROGRAM
Chattanooga Housing Authority wants to share with you what we are doing to limit risks for our residents and employees, related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The Chattanooga Housing Authority will continue to actively and effectively manage our communities in response to COVID-19, with three key objectives in mind:
1. Ensuring our program is operational and able to serve and protect our residents.
2. Keeping our employees and their families safe.
3. Doing our part as a corporate citizen to contain the spread of the virus.
To promote a healthy work environment and do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are continuing to emphasize CDC guidelines for personal prevention techniques. Recommendations can be found at the CDC (www.cdc.gov).
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, the Chattanooga Housing Authority’s Central Office located at 801 N Holtzclaw Avenue will be closed to the public as well as all Site Administrative Offices. We are continuing to process paperwork and do as much as possible so we encourage everyone to use remote access. Any paperwork can be faxed, emailed or mailed to our offices during this time and we have a drop slot at the front door of the Central Office and each Site Office.
In light of these severe disruptions, the Chattanooga Housing Authority (CHA) wants to update you on our policy going forward, related to the payment of rent and other charges:
• As you may know, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provided for a moratorium on evictions through July 24, 2020. However, that moratorium has now ended.
• HUD’s guidance to housing authorities throughout the pandemic has been clear that tenant rent is still due.
• CHA has not charged late fees during the pandemic, starting with the month of April.
Although CHA and HUD have done our best to offer flexibility during these challenging times, ultimately, we do need all of our residents to pay their fair share in order for our program to continue to serve you. At this time we must begin the process of catching up on all monies owed, and resuming our normal processes and policies regarding payment, late fees and evictions.
Going forward, CHA’s policy on outstanding balances will be:
• CHA will allow until 10/1/2020 to bring all charges current, otherwise a detainer (eviction) action will have to be filed against you for nonpayment. If a detainer based on nonpayment has already have been filed, it will proceed normally, although you may be eligible for a repayment agreement as described below.
• If your income has decreased due to the pandemic, CHA will offer a 12 month repayment agreement for charges incurred between the dates of 3/14/2020 and 9/2/2020. Charges incurred before or after that date range would not be eligible for the repayment agreement.
• Late Fees will resume as normal starting in October.
• If you have experienced a reduction of income - our office staff remains ready to assist you with an interim certification. Please contact the office and turn in your paperwork as quickly as possible to make sure your rent is properly adjusted.
• CHA will continue to waive fees for online rent payment during the pandemic. Please go to:
(Contact your site staff for your account number)
Once again, CHA thanks you all for your patience and consideration during this difficult time. Please reach out to your site management office with any questions about your balance. Our goal is to keep everyone housed!
You can download and print several of our forms here on our website. You can also use these forms online (below in Resources), just fill in the information and our staff will get back in touch with you. All of our contact information (fax and email) are listed HERE.
Please make sure you send all required forms and supporting documentation as well to prevent a delay in processing.
To protect our maintenance staff, we are currently only performing the most critical work orders. However, please continue to call in your work orders; when normal operations resume, we will begin working on these.
Below is the contact information for email and fax numbers for Housing staff. Keep in mind that we will be operating on a skeleton crew so not everyone listed below will be responding to emails or faxes. You can still email or send information/documentation to staff but understand that they may not be able to respond until they are allowed to return.
If you are unsure who to send the information to you can call the main number listed below for Housing Customer Service.
Wait List Availability
Wait List Application Online
Wait List Application to print and mail
Resources for Residents Currently Living in Housing:
PAY RENT ONLINE
Site Information Click Below
Submit Forms Online
(Upload documents to CHA)
Public housing was established to provide decent, safe and affordable rental housing for eligible low-income families, the elderly and people with disabilities. Public housing comes in all sizes and types, from single-family homes to high-rise apartments for elderly families.
Across our country, there are 1.3 million households living in public housing and managed by 3,300 Housing Authorities. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) administers federal grants to local housing agencies that provide and manage housing for low-income residents. HUD furnishes technical and professional support in planning, developing and managing these developments.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
ELIGIBILITY IS BASED ON:
Annual Gross Income
Whether you qualify as an elderly, disabled individual or family
U.S. citizenship or immigration status
IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE:
CHA will check your references to make sure you and your family will be good residents
CHA will deny admission to anyone whose habits or practices may have a negative effect on other residents or in our communities
HOW WE SUPPORT OUR RESIDENTS:
Our Resident Outreach Programs provide dedicated Community Managers, Customer Service Specialists and Maintenance Teams. It is their job to provide dependable and caring outreach services to our residents.